The Root Restaurant & Bar is The Detroit Free Press Restaurant of the Year 2012. It is an accomplishment of our staff, vendors, and great community surrounding us.
For anyone that hasn’t seen the video, it is an amazing piece of editing, film, and narration by The Free Press, Sylvia Rector, and Chef James.
Other honorable mentions include:
- Best New Restaurant / Best of Metromix Detroit 2012
- “Top 10 New Restaurants of 2011″ / Detroit News / 12-22-11
- “12 Restaurants that will expand your taste buds in 2012″ / Detroit News / 12-29-11
- American Cuisine / OpenTable Diners Top 100 American Fare Restaurants
- Fit for Foodies / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
- Best Food / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
- Best Overall / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
The Root has been featured or mentioned in numerous media.
- Former “Top Chef” star James Rigato visits Action News
December 21, 2014/ / WXYZ Detroit
Cooking mussels at home might seem a little intimidating, but executive chef James Rigato of The Root Restaurant and Bar promises it’s actually pretty easy. Get the recipe and watch the segment here.
- Where to find warmth in a bowl this winter
December 2, 2014/ / USA Today /PDF
Once winter settles in, there’s nothing better than a big bowl of something warm and cozy. From a fragrant pho with crackling pork rinds to hearty rabbit and dumplings, even a vegan roasted butternut squash soup — here, the best … Continue reading
- The Art of the Craft
November 24, 2014/ / The Detroit Free Press /PDF
Creative craft cocktails in the suburbs at the highly regarded Root farm-to-table restaurant. Beautiful, lively bar area. Friendly, attentive service. Diverse seasonal drinks featuring fresh, house-made infusions, syrups and other ingredients; many use Michigan products. Well-executed classics and original creations … Continue reading
- The 2014 Eater Awards for Detroit
November 18, 2014/ / Eater Detroit /PDF
This year’s winners for restaurant of the year and more. It is time now—drumroll, trumpets, gongs—to announce the winners of the 2014 Eater Awards. In over a dozen categories in 24 cities, the winners comprise a diverse group of the … Continue reading
- Ask A Detroit Expert: Your Best Thanksgiving Pie Recipe
November 12, 2014/ / CBS Detroit /PDF
Thanksgiving is around the corner – who’s bringing the pie to dinner? Be the toast of Thanksgiving with these pie recipes from expert Emily Davis of The Root. Pastry Chef Emily Davis graduated from Schoolcraft College, after studying food science … Continue reading