The Root Restaurant & Bar is The Detroit Free Press Restaurant of the Year 2012. It is an accomplishment of our staff, vendors, and great community surrounding us.
For anyone that hasn’t seen the video, it is an amazing piece of editing, film, and narration by The Free Press, Sylvia Rector, and Chef James.
Other honorable mentions include:
- Best New Restaurant / Best of Metromix Detroit 2012
- “Top 10 New Restaurants of 2011″ / Detroit News / 12-22-11
- “12 Restaurants that will expand your taste buds in 2012″ / Detroit News / 12-29-11
- American Cuisine / OpenTable Diners Top 100 American Fare Restaurants
- Fit for Foodies / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
- Best Food / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
- Best Overall / OpenTable Diners’ Choice Winner
The Root has been featured or mentioned in numerous media.
- Modern Midwest – Chef James’ Young Guns Are Back for the Second Course
January 4, 2014/ / Modern Midwest /PDF
It was the announcement foodies in Detroit—scratch that, everyone in Michigan who appreciates good food—was waiting for. Following on the heels of this weekend’s wildly popular Young Guns dinner (which sold out in less than 48 hours and had ticketless … Continue reading
- The list – Detroit’s best food of 2013
January 2, 2014/ / Crain's Blogs
The list: Detroit’s best food of 2013 What a fantastic year for food in metro Detroit. I was blown away by the increase in quality and improved execution from metro Detroit’s chefs. This list is in no way complete. How … Continue reading
- Modern Midwest – Meet Your Maker: James Rigato
January 1, 2014/ / Modern Midwest /PDF
Meet James Rigato. Rising star in metro Detroit’s culinary scene. What’s your key to cooking good food? “Seasonality anchored by flavor pairings. I usually approach something with what’s in season or what’s available, then tie it together with natural flavor … Continue reading
- Variations on a Theme: Three local chefs share their take on the Thanksgiving Day feast
November 1, 2013/ / Hour Detroit /PDF
Our national holiday for feasting holds many fond memories. From the stuffing to the sweet potato pie, and all that’s in between, we gather together to reunite with family and friends for fun, food, and football. For some, the order … Continue reading
- COOKING WITH THE STARS
October 1, 2013/ / Venues Today /PDF
The start of NFL season brings an all-star lineup to the kitchens of stadiums across the country. Please see PDF for full article.